Swimming Australia and Belgravia Leisure have partnered to develop and deliver a new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experiential and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive and recreational lap swimming.
Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students the opportunity to:
- Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson
- Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential-based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding
- Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to the development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique
- Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress the curriculum toward the Optus Junior Dolphins Program.
- The Learn to swim journey is powered by innovative technology: the Splash app and digital platform. It is designed to improve communication and interaction between swim school, parent and swimmer. Key technology features of Splash include swimmer notifications on achieving skills and milestones, digital awards, video messaging from the Australian Dolphin Swim team and chat functionality.
Together our goal is to put the fun back into learning to swim and keep swimmers loving our sport for longer.
Let’s explore the COOL STUFF you’ll be accessing with us!
- Weekly lessons - Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 48 weeks.
- Easy and affordable - With weekly payment, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system.
- Ongoing enrolment - Preventing the need to re-enroll each term and offering your preferred lesson time.
- Year-round unrestricted access - Students have unrestricted access to aquatic areas.
- Optus Splash App - Communicate and stay in touch with your child’s progression, learning activities and outcomes.
- 4-weeks FREE family swim access over summer. Plus, 1-week holiday swim program – either Fast Track or Water Safety program.
Adults are also welcome to learn to swim, with adult swimming and water safety classes available for all abilities. It’s never too late to learn!