Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
We are open from Monday 29th June 2020. At this time Members and Guest are required to book classes and gym visits with general and lap swimming available on a first come/first served basis. We lookg forward to welcoming you back.
Please read the following important information regarding COVIDThe Centre is working to ensure the health and safety of all patrons and staff is maintained. We want to address the growing fears around the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and share with you the information we have at the current time.
We are working to ensure our centre remains a safe place to visit and work. The health and safety of our community is our main priority, we always uphold a high standard of hygiene within the centre, however are taking extra precautions during this time.
We hope you will do what you can to take care of yourself and those around you, we also encourage you to use and support our community facility with confidence while it is safe to do so.
Please see the latest update on the situation below.
Remember is you are feeling unwell or showing symptoms of the flu, cough or cold to please remain away from the centre until you are feeling 100%.
Our operating hours will be:
Monday to Thursday: 05:30 - 19:30
Friday: 5:30 - 18:30
Saturday: 06:00 - 17:00
Sunday: 08:00 - 17:00
Update - 03/07/2020 10:00am
Our GOswim Swim and Water Safety Lessons are BACK! HOORAY!
This means that we can dive back in from Monday 13th July 2020.
You will notice some changes to how we run our classes as well as in the Centre to follow the current regulations.
Changes to how we run your class
- At this time there will be no infant classes commencing please look out for further updates
- Please come dress to swim as our change rooms and showers are closed
- All students must sign in at reception upon entry
- All students and members must scan in at reception upon entry
- Parents can attend to watch lessons but we ask you to limit the number to 1 caregiver at a time.
- All lessons, excluding infant memberships, will automatically be restarted from week commencing 13/07/2020 with payments starting 16/07/2020
- If you do not wish to restart lessons please contact the Swim School Team -email@example.com to discuss your options.
At this stage, our amenities will not be available for showers & changing. Toilets will be available. We recommend you bring adequate dry clothes to help you be as comfortable as possible once you finish your swimming session & head home to shower & change.
How are we helping to keep us all safe:
You will notice some changes to our centre and our swimming lessons as we return during stage 2 of restriction easing.
- You will notice Sanitisation stations throughout the pool deck and the centre.
- We are undertaking extra cleaning of facilities and equipment.
- Teachers will be retrained to use minimal contact where possible.
- All teachers have undertaken Infection control training.
Update - 17/06/2020 5:30pmIn line with Stage 2 restrictions, we will be re-opening our Health Club & Aquatic facilities on Monday 29th June.
We are excited to be welcoming you back!
To ensure safety and hygiene for everyone, changes have been put in place to support social distancing and best practice. This is as important to us, as it is to you.
Centre access will need to be booked in advance to avoid disappointment.
Simply click this link https://bit.ly/GympieBookings - choose your time slot, fill in the details and submit. You will receive an email confirmation.
Please note our changes room and showers will be closed at this time and social distancing rule will apply throughout the centre.
Direct Debit Aquatic Access Membership & Health and Fitness Memberships will commence on 29/6/20.
Learn to Swim and Squad information will follow in the coming weeks.
We encourage you to check your email inbox for updates from us about our re-opening date, facility operations and keeping in touch.
Update - 21/05/2020 8:00amBelgravia Leisure is closely working with Gympie Regional Council on a collective decision focused towards Stage 3 guidelines and will communicate a future opening date to members, guests and the broader community as soon as possible. At this stage the facilities remain closed and our focus remains the health and safety of our staff and communities and we look forward to reopening in a safe and hygienic environment for the local community.
In the meantime, the team have been focused on developing the risk mitigation frameworks for each area of operation at Gympie including:
- Site COVID-19 safety plans prepared for each facility
- Site daily checklists for cleaning and requirements on opening
- Development of all signage required to ensure the staff and community are safe and following appropriate practices
- Sourcing and ordering of sufficient Hand Sanitiser and Hand Wipes to ensure appropriate levels in place for opening
- Mandatory staff training on COVID-19
Update - 19/03/2020 11:00am
As the COVID-19 situation evolves at a rapid rate, we continue to closely monitor the situation. This morning Prime Minister Scott Morrison addressed Australia with updated Coronavirus (COVID-19) measures, to further protect Australians. These measures came into effect at 5pm (AEST) today.
The key measure which relates to health, fitness and leisure facilities includes:
‘Settings like gyms, indoor fitness centres and swimming pools are not required to close at this time providing they meet these requirements for social distancing and hand hygiene. Such venues should take actions to ensure regular high standards of environmental cleaning take place.’
In line with this measure, the following measures must be practiced by all who visit our Centre, including our staff:
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between patrons
- Keep up high hygiene practices, including using hand hygiene products and suitable waste receptacles need to be available, with frequent cleaning and waste disposal.
It’s important to remember that maintaining our physical and mental health is extremely important on an ongoing basis.
Additionally, we’d like to remind you that the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene are being maintained within our facilities. This includes:
- Updated signage: we’ve updated in-centre signage to include the latest information and hygiene practices as advised by the Australian Government
- Additional cleaning of the facility throughout the day; including frequent sanitisation of equipment, surfaces, bathrooms and other areas.
- Additional sanitisers and antibacterial products for your use
- Daily staff meetings, ensuring everyone is up to date with the latest information
Thank you for your support and we will continue to keep you updated with any changes and developments as they occur.
Update - 17/03/2020 5:00pm
Our Centre is open for business!
We have been closely monitoring the escalating coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our community and across the country.
We would like to reassure all of our members that our facilities follow the strictest hygiene standards and are still safe to visit unless otherwise advised. However, we are aware of the potential for an infection within our facility and would like to update you on the precautionary measures that we have taken within our facility.
We understand that some of these measures may be inconvenient, but they have been put in place to ensure that we are doing everything possible to proactively prevent an outbreak within our facility.
Please note that the measures listed below are being reviewed on a daily basis in conjunction with advice from the government and World Health Organisation.
Hygiene Action Plan
- Signage in facilities displaying up-to-date health alerts, hygiene advice and other essential information
- Please ensure that you wipe down all equipment thoroughly with a towel after using
- Showering and washing prior to entering the pool
- Please use hand-wash facilities in the bathroom
- For anyone experiencing flu, cough and cold symptoms, we ask that you refrain from visiting the facility.
- If you did visit the facility when you were unwell, we ask that you advise the facility manager by phone or email.
Thank you for your cooperation and for respecting our responsibility to minimise risk of transmission within our facility to our team and members.
Frequently Asked Questions Expand all
What are we doing to minimise health risks in-Centre?
The Centre will be vigilant in implementing infection control procedures including daily cleaning in accordance with normal protocols, the promotion of healthy hygiene habits and will make hand sanitiser available for staff and patrons to use while using the Centre.
What information and advice will help our members?
For now, the best advice is to follow some simple steps to help slow the spread of the virus and to reduce the risk of infection.
Follow the information and tips to help improve your safety and wellbeing, from Department of Health website
Can I suspend my membership, given the current situation?
All swim school memberships, health and fitness memberships and visit passes can be put on free suspension, please contact the Centre team to manage this.
If I have or am undergoing a period of self-isolation, what happens to my membership?
If you are showing symptoms or have been recommended by a Health Professional to self isolate, you should be staying at home and minimising contact with others. Please contact the Centre team to discuss managing your membership where you are uncertain of your options.
What happens to Swim School or Personal Training sessions I have booked?
If you have any Swim School lessons or Personal Training booked, please contact the Aquatics team or your Personal Trainer.
Are free trials and guest passes still available?
With our tightened control measures surrounding international visitations, free trials and guest passe will only be available to local residents. We ask that members, guests, and the general public wishing to access our clubs adhere to the health and travel declaration and practice good personal hygiene. If they feel unwell, they should not come to the club and instead, seek immediate medical attention. Keeping the gym safe is a collective effort from members, their guest and us.
Are casual passes still available for purchase?
With our tightened control measures surrounding international visitations, day passes will only be available to local residents.